Serena, our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, is passionate about utilizing food as a tool to build a healthy foundation for future generations starting from pre-conception through adulthood.
Fertility, Prenatal & Postpartum
- Support with hormonal balance
- Addressing micro-nutrient deficiencies
- Dietary management of PCOS
- Nutrition for egg and sperm health
- Building foundation for healthy pregnancy
- Address nausea, food aversions, constipation, cravings, sleep issues, and low energy
- Supplementation counseling
- Gestational diabetes management
- Preparation for postpartum nutrition
- Breastfeeding education
- Counseling on recovery nutrition
- Tips on sleep deprivation, other stressors, and lifestyle adjustment
- Breastfeeding nutrition support
- Infant feeding guidance through complementary feeding
Serena understands that the challenges with fertility varies between couples and her focus is not to just help couples conceive but to set them up for the healthiest birth outcomes. Serena works with clients to uncover and address micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, and other underlying issues. She works with couples together to optimize nutrition for egg and sperm health. Serena supports clients manage PCOS, hypothalamic amenorrhea, and other conditions that may impact fertility.
Serena provides nutrition counseling during pregnancy and postpartum as nutritional needs and the body goes through significant changes. She acknowledges that everyone’s pregnancy, birth experience, and transition to parenthood differs and so, she tailors support to each growing family. She offers support to address pregnancy symptoms including nausea/vomiting, food aversions and cravings, constipation, low energy, and sleep issues. Serena offers Big transitions can impact one’s relationship with food and body image, so she works with clients to find peace through the changes.
While continuing to offer support with recovery after birth, Serena also provides guidance for infant feeding. She takes into account the parents’ feeding goals and provides support including breast or chestfeeding. She works collaboratively with clients to create care plans to address any issues that arise including troubles with positioning and latch or milk transfer, baby falling asleep during feeding, low milk supply, oversupply, engorgement, and more. Serena continues to assist with feeding from introducing solids and complementary feeding through feeding toddlers and picky eaters.
Healthy Living and Wellness
Often, we are told to focus on weight and to restrict certain foods to improve our health. Serena takes a non-diet approach to address diabetes, high blood pressure, and other health conditions. Her aim is to empower clients to reach their health goals while maintaining or improving their relationship with food and quality of life. Similarly for clients with GI-related disorders such as GERD, IBS, and Celiac disease. The focus is on rebuilding trust in the body through understanding trigger foods and discovering abundance in food options. She considers cultural influences and unique lived experiences in her work with clients.
- Collaboration on goals towards improved health outcomes
- Nutrition counseling for blood sugar control and gut health
- Strategies for re-introduction of avoided foods
- Addressing existing micro-nutrient deficiencies
- Tailored strategies for busy schedules
Serena addresses the way that weight bias, identity based discrimination, diet culture, oppression, and social stigma have negatively influenced so many of us. She works to meet clients where they are at in their recovery journey whether the goal is to improve one’s relationship with food and their body image or if there is a history with an eating disorder. Serena takes on a non-diet approach centered around intuitive eating and works with clients of varying body sizes because she understands that disordered eating is not exclusive to those in smaller bodies. Serena works with your therapist and physician to create a collaborative network in your recovery journey from anorexia, bulimia, orthorexia, and binge-eating disorder.
- Reframing food and body-related thoughts
- Tailored stepwise plan based on long-term goals
- Support through empathetic accountability
- Strategies to address external influences
- Rebuilding trust and removing food-based fear
Individual & Family Nutrition Counseling
In-network with BCBS Texas
Private Pay Initial Session 80mins- $195
Private Pay Follow up sessions 50mins -$150
Ages: Infant- Adult
Day, Evening and Weekend Appointments Available
All sessions conducted via telehealth
Let’s start with a free 15 min consultation